Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Mfg of platform rocker

Ken wrote at 2014-12-21 17:39:18
I am not so sure it qualifies as reproduction, given the presence of only 1 spring per side and the history cited.  Platform rockers got their first patent in 1875, but were made by 40 (at least makers) through the 1930s.  The presence of slats rather than spindles on the back is not common.  I have only seen that in one other Platform chair with similar carvings.  True Mahogany wood will be characterized by the wormholes of course.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bob Wiley

All types of repair and restoration questions regarding wooden and upholstered pieces. I am not an appraiser and therefore cannot answer value questions

Restorations By Lord Robert is a full service furniture repair and restoration studio located in the greater Amesbury/Newburyport area specializing in projects all over the New England region, many of them on-site. Among the types of jobs performed by the craftsman are the repair and restoration of all types of wooden and upholstered furniture as well as leather and vinyl furniture repairs. We also repair and restore mantel and floor, such as grandfather, clocks. The craftsman has about 35 years of experience. The firm can perform true restoration and has expertise in the restoration of 18th and 19th century finishes, construction, upholstery methods and materials. We are as comfortable with antiques as well as new furniture and are an authorized service center for many manufacturers including Howard Miller, Lane Furniture, Berkline, Benchcraft, Bradington Young, Catnapper, La-Z-Boy, Palliser Furniture, Rowe Furniture, Clayton Marcus and furniture warranty companies such as Guardian Products Guard-Master Ultra Shield and Guardsman.

BS degree from Loyola college, many industry courses in wood repair and restoration and leather and vinyl repair

references available upon request