Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Theel Carousel Horses

Elizabeth (Theel) Mark wrote at 2010-12-08 14:44:46
Hello, I am the granddaughter of the late Carl Theel who built these merry-go-rounds. My father Max has now taken over the business. If you would like to find out more about the horses, you can let me know.  

Richard wrote at 2012-04-24 08:03:04
The Pattern that the Mexicans use came from Theel in the early 1980's. The best way to tell if it is a Theel original is Theel welded all the pieces together and the Mexican replicas used auto bondo to hold there's together. As far as the Horse shoes Theel used shoes that said C. W. Parker 11worth, Kansas. Somewhere around 1983 or 84 I designed the Shoes that said Theel Carousels. I was associated with Theels until Carl died and the Company resolved.  

Diane wrote at 2015-11-22 19:09:39
I have one that was made in the Leavenworth plant and looks like this.  The base is stamped Theel Mfg.  It is made of aluminum.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bruce W. Zubee

I can answer any questions regarding antique carousel horses, menagerie figures and any type of carousel component. I can also answer questions regarding other antique wooden horses.

Over thirty years experience in the restoration, sale and appraisal of antique carousel figures other carousel components and related items

National Carousel Assn.

Publications, Carousel Times Magazine   Currently Editor/Publisher of and
Consultant to the New England Carousel Museum