Collectibles-General (Antiques)/The "presto"

cindy wrote at 2009-12-27 13:54:04
i also have the same unique table and have wondered about it also. i have had several antique dealers look at it and no one has ever seen anything close to it. if you find any answers please e-mail me

Mike wrote at 2011-06-07 16:02:28
I have the same table but cannot find anything on this table anywhere

Susan Davis wrote at 2012-08-12 02:02:05
I also have this table but the iron stand does not pull out. I bought mine in the Atlanta area for $200 about eight years ago.  The finish on mine was very good when I bought it but when I was moving, I had to store it and the facility was not as "climate controlled" as they led me to believe.  As a result, the "laminate (?)" dried out and split in a few places.  I also cannot take a focused picture of the manufacturers tag.  The only provenance I have is that I am the first person in the U.S. to own this particular table as "the original owner brought it to America as part of a dowry."  I would love to hear from others who have this table.  Until then, I will imagine George, Paul, John, and Ringo perhaps having a shirt ironed on mine.

JORGE wrote at 2012-10-08 05:07:02

ian_boz wrote at 2013-08-21 14:07:14
I too have one of these tables-  it's been in my shed for 10+ years, and I have no idea how old it is.  I'd guess somewhere 1930-1960.

I only realised yesterday it was a bit different, when I found the pull out iron-stand on one side of the central section of the table.  I then had a good look and found the ironing board accessed by flipping the centre section over and folding out the length of the ironing board.

My piece has suffered some loss of varnish (French polish?) and a little lifting of the veneer, plus a few knocks, so it is probably not worth restoration, but it is cute.

fran wrote at 2016-02-06 20:08:52
I also have one of these tables. The Patent # and maker are clearly visible. It is exactly as described above. I am in New Orleans. The veneer is wearing away, but it is clearly made mostly of oak. Mine is missing doors on each end that hide the shelf parts. I would like to sell it also, but have not idea of its value.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.