Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Shuffleboard

STEVE "SKI" LACINSKI wrote at 2011-03-01 19:57:21
I AM FAMILIAR W/ PENN SUFFLEBOARDS.RECENTLY I WAS WITH THE OWNERS SON LAST SUMMER.PRESENTLY I AM PRES. OF AMERICAN SHUFFLEBOARD ASSN. BASED IN PHILA CHECK US OUT ON FB,THE CO. WAS ACTUALLY OUT OF WEST CHESTER AND FOLDED IN THE EARLY 60S.

Judy Cosgrove wrote at 2014-09-05 00:45:15
Penn Shuffleboard Co. of Phila., PA was owned by Paul J. Cosgrove, Sr. During the 2nd world war.  He had a mill in West Chester, PA and made work tables for the government.  They asked him if he had anything he could make to entertain the troops stationed across the U.S. and he then developed Penn Shuffleboards and made a total of approx. 5,000 in the 1940's and 1950's.  He developed a masonite top also which he patented as "Black Beauty".  The very last one he made was in his home and we received it when he died in 1976.  He was my father-in-law and had other companies under the title "Cosgrove Industries".  

steve w wrote at 2014-11-08 23:33:58
this is pretty crazy but I think that table that you have a picture of now resides in Austin Texas I am pretty sure that is a table that I bought off of the East Coast 5 or 6 years ago. does that ring a bell? looking at the picture of the table in your house I remember that same picture on ebay when I bought the tableI am pretty sure. We just refinished the table once again and it is about to be back in play at my club in Austin called C- Boys Heart and Soul. it is a Penn shuffleboard table it said patent pending on the table and it looks identical in the picture to what my table looked like before we started to refinish it. Could it be the same table?  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson