Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Bedroom Furniture

A Hatfield wrote at 2009-09-19 11:05:28
I have the same set. I have the dresser and mirror, 4 drawer chest, double bed, and one night stand. I was trying to find out if it was worth anything because if not, I am going to paint it.

druscilk wrote at 2010-05-08 13:42:00
I have the same set as well and own one of the night stands. Sadly, the piece displayed is the only piece that was badly damaged during a move with reckless movers. I do not have the original headboard, but do have the dresser with the mirror. The set came from my grandparents, now deceased, this is the only thing furniture wise, that I have of theirs and would love very much to repair it...any suggestions?

justin wrote at 2010-11-20 16:40:05
Hello,

That is made by Andrew Malcolm. I have the same set myself, and to be quite honest it may have originally graced one of the Fairmont hotels as that was where most of their business went.

Justin

gloria wrote at 2011-03-05 04:15:50
hello,  here is a craigslist posting that is selling a set yes had nightstands.  im not sure if they are willing to sell by piece i am only interested in the chest.  here's the link to the website good luck. oh they also have a phone number in the posting but i didnt think it was appropriate to post here i dont want to get in any trouble.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/fuo/2247355793.html

DMT wrote at 2014-11-25 18:31:27
Hello: I have this same chest of drawers and a dresser to match. Inside one drawer is imprinted Dixie. Also a separate mirror that hung above the dresser. My mother and father bought this when they got married in the mid to late 1940's. My dad kept it all these years and he now has passed away and I must get it out of his apartment. I was going to throw both of them out in the trash because I just cannot put another piece of furniture in my house. I was considering painting both pieces a bold color and reselling. Just happy to see the same pieces here and learn a little more about them.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein