Collectibles-General (Antiques)/American Antique

anthony wrote at 2015-11-12 20:28:25
i also found one in the garbage in great shape only it is rectangle  no tags any idea of the value

Victoria wrote at 2015-12-11 20:56:18
I also have a similar table that my husband (in 1974) in Gore, Oklahoma as a teen traded labor for a 79 year old gentleman for this table.  It was a gift for my husband's mother.  The elderly gentleman told my husband it had been in his wife's family and that she came from the east. Our table has a hidden gear butterfly leaf and the bottom looks similar to the table shown but the top edge of ours has more detail.  Also we found a number 19 stamped on the inside top edges of two of the pieces of wood that meet the moving butterfly leaf. This could possibly reference a style number?...anyway we would be interested in what the value of this piece might be.  Thank you.  We have been looking a long time to find a similar piece and yours is the first we have seen....thank you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971