Collectibles-General (Antiques)/R & E Gordon drop leaf table

Henry Kitts wrote at 2014-10-29 14:24:24

I worked at the R&E (Richard and Ed, who were son and father and who were kind men) Gordon Furniture Company in the 1950's until I joined the Army in 1962. It was located in Woodfin, NC, a suburb of Asheville. The building burned in the 1960's. The company manufactured quality furniture in mahogany, cherry and black cherry, and perhaps some other woods. I still have a Gordon Dining Room table and a coffee table made in black cherry. They also had a furniture outlet store located on Merrimom Avenue in Asheville, but the name, which escapes me now, was not the same name.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971