Collectibles-General (Antiques)/R & E Gordon drop leaf table

Henry Kitts wrote at 2014-10-29 14:24:24
Hello,

I worked at the R&E (Richard and Ed, who were son and father and who were kind men) Gordon Furniture Company in the 1950's until I joined the Army in 1962. It was located in Woodfin, NC, a suburb of Asheville. The building burned in the 1960's. The company manufactured quality furniture in mahogany, cherry and black cherry, and perhaps some other woods. I still have a Gordon Dining Room table and a coffee table made in black cherry. They also had a furniture outlet store located on Merrimom Avenue in Asheville, but the name, which escapes me now, was not the same name.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein