Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Saginaw Furniture Shop Buffett

scott jensen wrote at 2013-01-25 20:49:12
i have the same one and it was built in chicago we also have the six chairs that go with it i think they fold up to be stored away built in the same time . can send some photos of the chairs it was just given to us

buona_terra wrote at 2013-03-17 21:19:13
The "expand-o-matic" is actually called "The Watertown Slide" Table. The  Watertown Slide was manufactured in Watertown, Wisconsin. The Watertown Table-Slide Company was established in 1889, the business was incorporated in 1891. The Company manufactured patented slides for extension tables and their product was sold exclusively to table manufacturers. The Watertown firm made wood table slides for many years, but stopped using wood in 1959, they then began using steel in table slides and has now become the first company in the nation to make use of aluminum in its table slide product.  

We have one also, it has the manufacturer's marking on one of the slides.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein