Collectibles-General (Antiques)/shrunk?

shellclan wrote at 2009-09-28 22:38:50
Hello, My parents were military and stationed in Germany in 1968 and purchased one very similar to yours. They paid a pretty penny for it. My father still has his. It is danish in design I believe but made for Germany. Many of their German friends have their shrunks. I know a Vintage shops love to get their hands on these pieces. Good luck!

Shellclan wrote at 2009-09-28 22:42:06
I find it odd that the previous answer said that "even his German friends have never heard of a Shrunk". My Mother in law was German and ALL her friends had shrunks as well. They were their pride and joy! Granted, the women are all an older generation too,maybe that has something to do with it.

foodgoddess wrote at 2013-11-01 17:24:38
My family also purchased one in Germany in the 1960's - it is in fact called a shrunk. Ours is a combination of china cabinet, display cabinet, storage drawers and a bar. They are very common in Germany. While ours was used for china and stemware I have seen some depending on the design used as dressers  

Jared wrote at 2014-11-18 19:32:27
The German Shrunk piece my mother obtained from a German co-worker in the 1980s is an enormous wall cabinet system.  I'm thinking it is around 10' wide.  Covers an entire wall.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson