Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique apple vending machine

Question
i have a 1927 antique apple vending machine,,,it stands about 6 feet tall and is in wonderful condition,,,i recently took it to the "antique road show" while it was it denver....it completely stumped them,,,they had never seen one and were at a loss.....they suggested i place it in the smithsonian place it with a top action company ...do you have any knowledge of the apple vending machines?.larry

Answer
Hi Larry, Apple Vendor Co, was New Way's floor standing unit. It has the same crackle Paint finish as the counter model. There are very few survivors of this machine. New Way Mfg.Co. pat. 1929 and value is rare, meaning that this machine is not traded enough to get any kind of value figures on it.

More:

Apple Vendor Co. Apple vendors had to have a relatively fast product turnover so as not to have a spoilage problem. This counter top machine has a crackle paint finish. New Way Mfg. Co. Pat. 1929. This counter model had a value of $750.00 in 1995 and I don't think that has changed much from that date.

I wish I could add some photo's here, but I can't, so you can expect to receive them via your private email, which you have already provided to me.

Yes... It's a real thing now, we have information! Does this mean I have to go to work on the Road Show now?

Cheers and a Big.....

Rodger Knutson
Http://www.coinslots.com

Hi Larry,

Can you email a photo of it? send to Jackpot7@q.com if possible. This could be a specially machine made or converted by apple growers, converted from something else to vend just apples. I have see things like this in the past, it might be one, or one of just a few converted just to vend an unusual item like apples. But it being 1927 makes it more of a mystery and unusual. If you have the year, do you have a manufactures name on it somewhere? I don't deal with a lot of vending machines but I do have some research on them. Who made it and some photo's would really help. Is this all mechanical, I would think it would be or does it need electric to work?
Thank You
Sincerely
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

<<<<<Hi Larry,>>>>> I have someone who would like to share information with you on these machines. Here is what he has to say:
I also live in the Denver area and have both a free standing 6' unit and a wall mount version.  I am wondering if there is any way you can put me in touch with the other owner so we can share information.  

Thank You

I would like to get you two guy together on this if you like? just write me at info@coinslots.com and I will give you his information OK?
Thanks
Rodger Knutson
http://www.coinslots.com

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Rodger Knutson