Collectibles-General (Antiques)/help with antique scale

Tom Wei wrote at 2010-05-17 11:10:09
Dear Sir,

Could you tell me what's the meaning of MDCV" marked on the Scale?

Because I once bought such similar scale in a small town of Holland.

I also searched and got some information from WorthPoint. It said "Ornate rare antique MDCV solid Brass Balance Beam Scale."

Thanks a lot.

Tom Wei

scoopy wrote at 2011-02-13 02:15:25

I have the same scale and it has a sticker on it made in Italy.  And i also have the counter balance ball. would this increase the value? And it is solid brass as well.

Eric Little wrote at 2014-03-17 20:09:01
These scales were in the 1939 movie Gone With the Wind.  I have seen the movie and saw the scales.  The scales are 29 inches tall with a white marble base.  The oldest certification date is 1817.

My wife bought me the scales in 1979 for my 30th birthday.

Watch the movie.

V/R

Eric Little

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning