Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique sewing machine

Pete wrote at 2012-02-28 22:22:23
Can I get a picture or description of how the sewing machine raises and lowers within the cabinet?

Tammy wrote at 2013-11-11 09:02:03
Hi there!  I know what this is. I believe this sewing machine is a monitor from Gimbel Company.  I need to fix mine and need a picture of the chain that holds up sewing machine when it pops up.  Where the chain connects is broke on mine.  Mine looks in better shape than yours.  If you give me your email I can send you a picture of mine.  Thanks! Tammy  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.