Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Not anyone's area of expertise!

SimonW wrote at 2010-09-16 16:16:08
I have the other one. There are a number of potential problems here.

With every antique it's really down to condition. the enamelled top of course is worn out they kinda turn green and yours is well on its way. The hot water drain is rusting and has broken the enamel these problems are just about unfixable.

The main issue however ,is that these were batch hot water producers and the stove had a fillable copper tank. Of course, iron and copper over time just dissolve and I would bet the tank has at least holes or is just gone. You are right though they are rare particularly in the US. LOL. Value  - about $500 as a conversation piece. A 1300#, have to be broken part to move (and that is a challenge costing thousands unless you know how to do it), bulky, conversation piece. LOL.

simonW wrote at 2010-09-16 16:21:52
Hi, it's me again. Just to correct another answerer. The Modern Agas drive the greenies crazy as they are designed to be left on 24/7 - very inefficient. However, these were not like the later ones. The internal coal bottle was in fact very energy efficient assuming it supplied DHW. Study the design.

Richard Holladay wrote at 2013-01-20 23:58:28
I don't know how old this posting is but - go to www.exeterfoundry.org.uk and the AGA Page. There is information there all about the Company and their association with AGA from the very early 1930s - there is also a link to the AGA Historical Website - You have, at first glance, a very early AGA Cooker. I would also suggest you send a copy of the image to Richard Maggs (quite an expert on all things AGA - and does numerous Cooking Demonstrations) - he is on cookery.doctor@agalinks.com and is sure to be able to date this AGA and tell you more.

Hope this is of help

Regards

Richard Holladay  

Kathy wrote at 2016-08-05 16:59:29
I have an AGA patented June 12, 1923 in great condition.  Also have cookware and recipe book.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein