Collectibles-General (Antiques)/kerosene lamp

gleb wrote at 2009-09-21 19:02:45

The language is Russian: . . . - which means a miracle lamp. <what TTO stands for, i do not know> Muller. Berlin

CageyEye wrote at 2010-09-15 00:12:19
I believe this engraving is cyrillic:  The bottom says Otto Muller Berlin.  I don't know if this is the painter Otto Muller who served as a German soldier in Russia during WWI.  If this is the same guy, I still don't know the significance.  Up toward the top one of the words is lamp (I'm obviously no linguist!).  Hopefully someone else can do better than this.

muskokatone wrote at 2013-01-30 18:14:40
I got a response from a lady in russian that told me there used to be a tank of some sort that was brought around so these miracle lamps could be filled with kerosene. These "dippers" seem to be more prevalent than first thought - I have seen at least 4 now - all very similar - one had the triangle brass piece inverted, but the lettering was still right sie up. I wonder how widespread this practice was.

Joe Rizzo wrote at 2014-12-25 15:11:58
I own one of these lamps. A friend provided a translation of the (cyrillic characters) Russian language that agrees with some of the answers posted here: Miracle Lamp, Otto Muller(Miller), Berlin. There are two numbers (date?) stamped at the top - 18 80 - separated by what appears to be a logo symbolizing the maker's initials, OM. My lamp has a clear glass chimney in the shape of a large bud vase with a spherical base and a long tubular chimney. The quality of the glass is consistent with late 1800's / early 1900's. It is in a forged metal frame which I have used to hang it from my ceiling. Tried to paste a photo ... Will be happy to communicate with interested people who want to see a photo or discuss further.  

Vairform Zaftig wrote at 2015-09-12 00:06:45
Лампа чудо Отто Мюллерь Берлинь Lamp Wonder Otto Muller Berlin

Russian Cyrillic 1880 date

Ca.1980 Reproduction Otto Muller Wunder-lampen

see 45+ examples different makers marks same basic clone..

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Stuart Driver

Experience in collecting and restoring of this brand of lamp, and kerosene or oil lamps for 20 years. My knowledge and expertise is widely recognised and due to the lack of informtion about this sort after lamp on the internet I have created a website dedicated to the central draught lamps of Edward Miller and Co. and it is becoming an information source for this brand of lamp. I am a member of the Lamplighters Guild of Australia I have written a number of articles about Miller Lamps for various publications including Antique magazines. Education/Credentials - BaPS(ccs) Awards and Honors - N.M.,NSWPSM. Past/Present Clients - I assist an internationally based cliental and supply lamp parts internationally.