Collectibles-General (Antiques)/secretary/hutch

Randall Rottschafer wrote at 2009-10-15 21:34:31
My Grandfathers company made your piece of furniture. Contact me if you wish more info. I have several items made by Doezema Brothers. Personal items, not for sale

Randall Rottschafer wrote at 2010-02-15 20:55:12
My Grandfather was John Doezema,maker of your piece. They started in 1910 at the address on your hutch. They moved to another location at 16 Brown Street and then back to Monroe Avenue. I would say your item dates from approx 1940. You can find the Doezema Family history by Swierenga if you Google Doezema Furniture. Its one of the first few items that come up. John and his brother were partners. John has one living daughter, my aunt Annette Broodman of Holland, MI

DENNIS wrote at 2013-05-28 04:58:18
HI, RANDALL. I HOPE ALL IS WELL. I LIKE TO EXCHANGE EMAILS AND PHOTOS WITH YOU. I THINK YOU WILL BE EXCITED TO SEE A DOEZEMA DINING ROOM SUITE WHICH OUR FAMILY CHERISHES. NYOBGYN@YAHOO.COM

DENNIS

Redder wrote at 2014-07-28 23:29:18
I have another Doezema brothers made dinning room set with six chairs - plus hutch, plus side board, plus main server with mirror and a few other pieces.

Patrizia wrote at 2015-01-09 19:10:29
Hi Randall,

My name is Patrizia Doezema.  Daughter of Larry, who is the son of Frank, who was the son of Chester, who's dad was John!  I wanted to try to touch base and talk furniture.  I too, have pieces of Doezema furniture.  I thought it would be neat to connect!

Linda wrote at 2016-05-01 18:00:13
Patria I am Linda daugher of Pete Rottschafer who mother was Jane Doezema Rottschafer whose father was John Doezema. I have a Doezema dining set I can no longer store, is it something you may be interested in?

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson