Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Murphy Chair Company, Detroit

Sue wrote at 2012-03-25 16:34:22
I've done a little research on the Murphy family and the Chair company started out in Detroit.  The founder, Michael J. Murphy, was listed as part of the Chair manufacturing company as early as 1900 in Detroit.  I believe he started the company as early as the 1890's.  Hope this helps some.

Fletcher J Hull wrote at 2013-02-03 23:27:36
My great grandfather was Michael J Murphy, he founded Murphy Chair in Detroit and then later opened the Owensboro plant which his sons ran. He sold the Detroit factory to a company that manufactured the early wood car frames at the turn of the century and retired.  

Marg Kidd wrote at 2015-06-09 05:02:00
My chair has number 4420 printed on the bottom with the name of Murphys.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor