Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Rocking Chair

greg Easterly wrote at 2010-10-28 18:56:02
I just thought I would say that I have the exact same rocker. It has been in my family for 120 years....that will tell you that the rocker was not added after and that it must be older than 1900

Bill in WI wrote at 2012-02-28 18:55:53
We too have this same rocking chair.  It has been in our family for decades and is original.  There is no evidence that it was not originally a rocking chair.  My grandfather was from Norway so it may originated there.  There are no markings on it anywhere.  The feet and back details are the same as in the photos except for the Lions on the armrest are carved with slightly differences.  Would love to get more info or history on this piece.

Kate wrote at 2014-03-04 01:58:41
I don't think it is a chair made up of other chair parts because I just found the exact same chair at a thrift store.

Dena wrote at 2014-05-25 13:12:26
I just wanted to add, I have this exact rocking chair.  I found this thread when I was searching for information about mine.  I really don't know anything about it.  I was just wondering if there was anymore feedback or discoveries about it...  

mdrookiam wrote at 2014-06-16 18:13:34
I have exact same rocker.  Dated back to 1800's family.  It was not piece parts put together.  You can contact me  

Wendy wrote at 2015-07-08 01:35:04
I have the identical chair and it is not a rocker. It does not appear to have been altered in any way. I have no idea where it came from originally or when. Have you ever found out anything about this chair?  

Wendy wrote at 2016-07-23 21:32:57
I have the exact same chair but without rockers. Everything is otherwise identical so this chair was not pieced from other chairs. I too do not know where it comes from or from what era. Mine is in much better condition and has been in my possession for 35 years. If anyone has anymore information please let me know.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.