Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Stickley & Brandt captain's chair

The Stickley Museum wrote at 2010-04-15 13:30:20
It is untrue that all Stickley was labeled. Stickley & Brandt were infrequently labeled.  We have just aquired a similar "fancy chair" from a descendent of a Stickley & Brandt worker. I can't say for sure if yours is a Stickley & Brandt, but if it is the estimated date of "1920s" is also inaccurate - the company declared bankruptcy in 1918.  More likely the chair was made in the last decade of the 19th century or first decade of the 20th century.  

Ken wrote at 2010-07-25 00:38:40
I have the identical chair with a label on the seat bottom. Stickley & Brandt ceased operation in 1918. It is a mixture of styles but it is also a exceedingly handsome chair.  

abbeynormal wrote at 2014-02-12 02:01:04
I recently purchased this chair at auction, truly spectacular and very comfortable too.  No label anywhere on mine either.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein