Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Camp Bed

bushroy wrote at 2015-03-13 08:47:22
This  pattern is general throughout  english speaking "colonies" The woven wire indicates that is fairly recent (after1890)  previous styles had strips of thin iron in a cris s  cross  to support a paliass matttress .  I have two with a family history  to 1856 & 1848 one of original green painted iron folds in the mid area at the central legs with each ends legs hinge inwards the strips are rivited in place.  the other is "take down" with ends & sides of "angle iron" having cast iron slot dovetail joints , the strips slip into "keyhole "rivits at sides & ends.  all wraps up to a small roll but the "headboard " is awkward!   strip  lattice was optional in sears robuck catalogues up to 1930s

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971