Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Sligh furniture-Grand rapids chair co.

Zoojeff wrote at 2014-01-16 04:05:31
Mine is from the mid 1950's.  I have the receipt and the brochure

jlfurnfixer wrote at 2015-05-26 18:28:28
Sligh Furniture was bought by a Chinese company, anything made after they purchased is not antique or of value. enough said

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971