Collectibles-General (Antiques)/S. Bent & Bros Dining Set - Table and 4 Chairs

sales rep wrote at 2011-09-13 15:28:16
the 206 number is the Style of the chair. Its was called a Stick chair. The second number is the date it was made...June of 94 and the last number was the cutting number. Table is solid Cherry and so are the chairs except for the back spindles and posts. They are Birch.

Sara Moulton wrote at 2016-03-27 03:35:36
I have a set of these chairs and I have not been able to find any others anywhere. My grandmother bought us four, and we could use a few more. I realize this post is several years old, but if you still have the chairs, which are called stick chairs, I would be interested in buying them.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971