Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Identify Chair Characteristics

Admarston wrote at 2012-12-03 22:59:35
I have a very similar set. 244-829 are the numbers on the bottom. I found out the set is late 1940s. Made of gum wood, and stained to look mahogany. Trying to find 2 more chairs, and will refinish mine to add to value. Lexington chair company was bought by Koechler in 1966.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971