Collectibles-General (Antiques)/replacement lock for cutler desk

Marc wrote at 2015-01-18 13:40:47
I can tell you with 100% confidence that your desk is not a Cutler desk, but a great one nonetheless. Cutler desks have different looking decks. If you could show images of the entire desk (epecially the front drawers), I can validate this observation further for you. Still, I want to reiterate that you have a marvelous antique desk that is very desirable. I have been studying antique rolltop desks and their many variations for 8 years now. I hope this helps. If you need i can share pictures with you of typical Cutler desks.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971