Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Bassett China Cabinet

ellen wrote at 2012-08-02 18:03:09
I have the same exact looking hutch except "Bassett Furniture Industrial" is noted (second drawer).  I also have a dining room table - it's very heavy and expands

Ricochet wrote at 2012-12-01 19:42:05
This estimate is right on the money . I just bought one and paid $i75.00, and the condition is almost perfect. I came away feeling like I almost stole it , because I have seen the same exact cabinets for $400.00 to $600.00in antique shops. I bought mine from a private paty.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida