Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Grand Rapids Certified mahogany table

bob klein wrote at 2014-01-12 17:34:13
Having reread my own post I see that I misunderstood the original post.  For some unknown reason I was thinking the Imperial furniture company which may be incorrect.  If the Mahogany Ass. label is#123 then it is Imperial.  

We do not know which of the many companies that belonged to the Mahogany Association belongs to the number on the label nor can we match the company number on the "True Grand Rapids Cabinet Making Certified, I-40935" label as there are no records available anywhere--or that have been uncovered yet.  The latter label of which I have just spoke began in 1931 by the Furniture Manufacturers Guild to verify that the item was made in Grand Rapids.  The former label of which I spoke was to certify that the piece was of mahogany and mahogany veneers on the visual surfaces.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein