Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Syracuse Cabinet Company

Jim wrote at 2013-05-13 22:00:18
Jason:  My wife has a cedar chest made by the same people, but it doesn't have the copper straps as does yours.  It too has a medal label on the inside which states that it was indeed made by the same company.  The label also stated that the finish was put on by Dupont Duco, and the word "dependable" is also on there.    Jim

RV40 wrote at 2013-11-05 17:55:26
There is no way that trunk is worth just $50-$100.  I just found 1 at an estate sale I bought for $100 then about a week later i saw a similar one at an antique shop selling for $850.  I asked the lady who ran the store and she said she had just gotten it in and was already getting offers.  Your truck may not go for $850 but dont let it go for the $50-$100 range that the boob who responded to your question says!  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Fred Taylor

I will attempt to answer questions about American antique furniture, including construction details, style, period, manufacturers, care, repair and storage. I do not have any background in appliances, musical instruments, sewing machines, trunks, lighting, clocks or children's and baby furniture and will not respond to questions about those items.

I ran an antique furniture restoration business for twenty years. I am a nationally syndicated columnist on the subject of antique furniture for such publications as Antique Week and New England Antiques Journal. I have produced one video on the subject of furniture identification and my book "HOW TO BE A FURNITURE DETECTIVE" is now available.I have also published articles in Antique Trader, Chicago Art Deco Society, Northeast Magazine, Victorian Decorating and Lifestyles, Professional Refinishing, Antiques and Art Around Florida and Antique Shoppe. You can visit my website at

BSBA Finance, University of Florida, MBA Finance, University of Florida