Collectibles-General (Antiques)/computing cheese cutter

I recently purchased an antique cheese cutter made by Computing Cheese Cutter Company of Anderson, Indiana.  I would greatly appreciate any information on how to use this machine.  I have found advertising that suggests it is so simple to use that even the "stock boy" can slice cheese accurately with no problem.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to put the cheese and machine together and make any sense of it.  Thanks for any information you may provide.

Hi Merrie,

Sorry, we really don't know the answer to your question. Many companies manufactured these computing cutters and they were all similar but slightly different in the exact way they worked. Since we don't have any in our collection we can't be of much help.  You might be able to find the patent which may be of some help. Try searching for computing cheese cutter here:

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia