Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Oertling scale in cabinet

Question
Oertling scale front.jpg
Oertling scale front.j  

Oertling scale.jpg
Oertling scale.jpg  
Dear Bill and Jan,

I have an Oertling scale, model 141 serial number 4T266, and I believe it was used for measuring metals such as gold and silver.  It has 30gms written under the patent numbers.

It has not been cleaned as we did not wish to damage the balance mechanism.

Can you tell me any further information about this scale and would you have any idea of its value?

My best regards

George

Answer
Hi George,

Some history of Oertling may be found here: http://stanton-instruments.co.uk/page6.html. Your scale appears to be one of their top of the line precision analytical balances that would have been used in a laboratory.  Retail value might be $500-$1000.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning