Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What is this piece called?

Momo\'s dresser
Momo's dresser  
This tiger oak piece was (supposedly) made in the early 1900s, just before my mother, who I inherited it from, was born in 1913.  Can you tell me what it is called, and if it might be particularly valuable?

some call these bonnet dresser but they are bonnet chests.  the boxes are for hats, at least that is how they were advertised in the day.  dates from 1890-1915.  

it is quite unusual, is there a label on the back or in a drawer?

because of the condition and form in my shop i would price this at 750.  could bring more depending on the point of sale.  or less.

i commend you on keeping this piece of your family history.

at auction this would bring less, probably 450.

super item, first i have seen other than in a picture.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971