Collectibles-General (Antiques)/scale

Chicago Scale
Chicago Scale  

Chicago Scale
Chicago Scale  
I found this at an auction.  I have been trying to research any info on this and can't find anything. Ive tryed Craigslist in Chicago also. What can you tell me about this scale and is it worth anything? Can you tell me where to find info on this?
Thank you so much for your time,

It says on scale:
Chicago Seale Co.
Mason Davis & Co.
established 1833
No. #27383

Hi Faith,

If you send your email address to us at, we will send you a pdf of an article that was in Equilibrium, the journal of the International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. The article is titled The Chicago Scale Company and tells the history of the company.

Retail value as shown might be $200-$400.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia