Collectibles-General (Antiques)/scale

Question
Chicago Scale
Chicago Scale  

Chicago Scale
Chicago Scale  
I found this at an auction.  I have been trying to research any info on this and can't find anything. Ive tryed Craigslist in Chicago also. What can you tell me about this scale and is it worth anything? Can you tell me where to find info on this?
Thank you so much for your time,
Faith

It says on scale:
Chicago Seale Co.
Mason Davis & Co.
Chicago
established 1833
No. #27383

Answer
Hi Faith,

If you send your email address to us at i-weigh-u@comcast.net, we will send you a pdf of an article that was in Equilibrium, the journal of the International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. The article is titled The Chicago Scale Company and tells the history of the company.

Retail value as shown might be $200-$400.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning