Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Watling fortune scale

Question
Hi.  I have a Watling fortune scale that I've had for about 15 years.  It's in really good shape but is not all original.  I bought the original, round fortune glass from a gentlemen in Southern CA named Red who has since passed away.  He had a ton of different scales.  The fortune knob in the middle of my scale just spins so something is not hooked up.  Are there any manuals or illustrations that shows the parts and how everything works?  Thanks.

Rick Spohn

Answer
Hi Rick,

There are no manuals for this scale. However we do have some basic diagrams of these scales but they don't show the fortune chain in any detail.  The chain might have come disconnected or the gear might have slipped. If you send a photo of the scale mechanism to us at i-weigh-u@comcast.net we can try to help determine what the problem is. If you also send your mailing address, we will send you free diagrams, adjustment instructions and a parts list for your scale.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning