Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Antique Bowls

Four Bowls
Four Bowls  

Large Bowl
Large Bowl  
We recently acquired a set of four bowls circa 1920 which were in the original shipping box with the shipping label identifying them as being from M. W. Savage Co., Minneapolis, MN.

We find no marking on the bowls themselves.  Hopefully you can identify them from the attached picture.

They look like "spongeware" bowls to me.  I can't be sure without looking to see if they have any clear crazing which would help identify their age, so I'm guessing that this company produced ceramic wares of this nature.  Without a definitive signature and/or mark, that's about the best I can do.

Thanks for the question.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach

I endeavor to answer all questions relating to the "identification" of American Art Pottery from the period of roughly 1880 through 1920. I specialize in the area of arts & crafts period pottery but do not limit myself specifically to that time period.

I have 20+ years experience buying, selling and identifying American Art Pottery both on the web, to private clientele and in a brick and mortar shop in Massachusetts.

Masters degree in Education.