Collectibles-General (Antiques)/antique chair

Question
chair
chair  

chair
chair  
I have a very old antique chair... I am not looking to sell it but only to find out more about it... I have been searching the internet for hours and finally came across this page.. So i thought i would give it a try...

The chair has Zeus hand carved as the base of the chair... And mermaids for arms... The back top of the chair has mermaids on it... the chair is light in colour... i have many pics of it if you would like... I think it is original by all the wood worm marks on the seat of the chair..  I got this chair from an elderly lady needing to sell it right away to get her car fixed...

Answer
Please send me a photo of the underside of the chair and the back and I will try to help, this chair is made of Oak, all of the original chairs of this type were made of walnut or sometimes other dark wood. At first glance, this looks like a 19th century reproduction and not an original Italian renaissance period chair. additional detailed photos will help me tell you exactly what this is.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson