Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Buffet

Question
Buffet
Buffet  

Buffet / Open Drawers
Buffet / Open Drawers  
We have a large antique buffet that was manufactured by "General" Furniture Company, Seattle and would like to know the approx. value please.  Size: 66" long x 20" wide at the ends, and 22" wide at the arc in the middle.  Ht. is 37".  It has some light wear on top, with an overall nice appearance.  Solid wood with dove tail drawers and a door at each end (13" x 16"). Drawers are 32" x 8" & 32" x 5."

Answer
I have no research material on the furniture company but the piece is well styled.

beautifully matched mahogany flame grain veneers on the front faces and mahogany veneer in the drawer interior bottoms.

the style is sheraton style.  or better, federal style.

after a bit of waxing i would price it in my shop, not a fancy shop, at 1250-1450.  private sale 750-850 is fair

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein