Collectibles-General (Antiques)/drop leaf desk

small table
small table  

small table
small table  
My dad left me this piece and I was wondering if you might be able to tell me something about it.  I'm hoping you can tell me who made it, what time period it is from and the value.  Thanks so much for your time. Happy Thanksgiving

i need more pictures of the underneath of the column where the legs attach, under side of the drawer, under the toble top leaves where the hinges are located.

pictures as attachments

clear and in focus

include question as posted

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971