Collectibles-General (Antiques)/White furniture company 100th aniversay chest

seller wrote at 2013-10-12 05:57:59
i also have a pair of anniversary chests bowfront rosewood

which i thought were limited edition only 1000 or so made in honor of their centennial

At one time, around 1981, architectural digest ran an ad for the company saying "if you purchased one of these anniversary chests....they are now selling in antique stores for 15,000." A high end local auction company thought theyd only sell for 1,000. I was once offered 5,000 a piece. Who knows what they will bring?!! Would like to sell mine too MSB Please let me know if you find out anymore.Thank you.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971