Collectibles-General (Antiques)/furniture information and estimate for $

I have the following chair and see that it is similar to another chair that someone asked about back in 2010.  Could you please provide some information about this furniture and let me know what you think it should sell for.
Please see the 2010 question below:
Expert: robert klein - 2/28/2010

Kathleen's chair
My cousin has had this chair in the family 50+ years.
We intend to have it re-upholstered. We are wondering what period it is of and how old it may be.

Get the answer below
Sponsored Links

100s of Rocking ChairsLargest Selection of Rocking Chairs on the Web. Low Prices & Fast S/H!

Vintage Rocking ChairClassic Rocking Chair with Espresso Finish - Weather Resistant - $

Living Room FurnitureShop Living Room Furniture. Free Shipping with No Minimum!

it is a birchwood colonial revival rocker from 1900-1920.  it is done in a modified empire style.  some refer to this as third period empire but that is an auctioneers chant.

it was stained with a water based aniline dye to appear mahogany.

great chair an was part of a set at birth.  wonderful lines and feet.

retail in a shop as is 250-300

Please send me a photo if you would like me to help you, I am not the expert who answered the previous question and I do not think I would agree to his valuation in an retail shop, it seems too high for the quality. But I will tell you what I think if you send me a photo.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson

I will attempt to answer questions about European Antique Furniture and 20th Century Decorative arts and Design furniture, including 18th century & 19th century construction details, style, period and the craftsmen and manufactures that created them, I will also attempt to answer questions about buying European Antiques and how to become a expert collector, my speciality is French, Italian, English, Irish, Spanish, Belgium, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, German, and Swiss.

Since 1995, I have been, a professional art, antiques and design advisor and earned an unparalleled reputation for providing select clients: expertise in making informed purchase decisions for antiques and art acquisition from a wide range of categories and eras. Architects, interior designers, decorators, dealers, museums, collectors and private clients rely on me for a wide variety of services. I specialize in finding and facilitating the purchase of some of the most notable pieces in the market today. And because I know the market so well –including the secret locations where the world's best dealers purchase their stock – I are generally able to do this at a significant saving of both time and money. My service includes: creating collecting and acquisition strategy including organizing personally guided buying trips throughout the International art and antiques markets, pre-shopping research, sourcing, analysis of markets, documentation and expert appraisals, handling, shipping and delivery coordination. In short, everything my clients need to be assured of the most knowledgeable, reliable, and pleasurable sourcing, acquisition and collecting experience. My approach is to offer maximum transparency. You can visit my website at:

Moving to Paris in 1989, I worked, for five years as an Interior Design Project Manager for Polo Ralph Lauren where I helped to plan and open more than 60 Polo stores and showrooms across Europe and purchased antiques for one of Mr. Lauren's homes and as a result I oversaw the purchase of millions of dollars of Art & Antiques, this experience gave a unique qualifications to understand the complexities of this market and gives me a rare insight into the professional antique & art market. I also have taught “Furniture Design and Style” at the IESA (Institute Arts Superior) in Paris. and have a personal archive of over 170,000 photos of Furniture and 160 hours of video of the major European art and antiques fairs including: Paris’s Biennale des Antiquaires , Maastricht’s TAAF , and London’s Grosvenor House. Some of these videos can be see at:

I have a prestigious international clientele of noted business and entertainment figures as well as some of the word’s most important collectors, References are provided for serious enquires.