Collectibles-General (Antiques)/mahogany card table

Question
table
table  

inside one drawer
inside one drawer  
hello. i would like more information and possible value if you could about this table. I know it is over or very close to 100 years old as it was my 99 year old grandmothers who inherited it from her parents around 1930.  She said it was a poker/card table.  It has 2 draws that pull out and the one draw has this sticker inside but no other markings on it. Any information would be helpful. Thank you. Lisa

Answer
This would have been made between 1920 and 1940.  the label of the association, as far as i have able to research, was started around 1921 and disbanded in 1966.  The number would indicate the manufacturer but unfortunately no records have been found to exist.  often we will find a manufacturers label in addition to the association label and try to add to our list of knowns.

These are now called drum tables and were sold as end tables and tea tables.  Of course any use is assepted, cards, dominoes, cribbage, whatever.  with the assassination it is guaranteed that all show surfaces are mahogany.  the top will be mahogany veneer and the base mahogany.

These were made in huge numbers for over two centuries up to and including today.

in good condition it would sell retail in a shop at 100-125.  all depends on the condition structurally and visually.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein