Collectibles-General (Antiques)/nursing/sewing rocker

Question
rocking chairs
rocking chairs  
Could you tell me the probable value of the small rocker in the foreground of this picture?  It has a label identifying the manufacturer as Banderob and Chase, Oshkosh, WI. From a bit a research about the company, I believe it was manufactured around 1885 - 1890.

The rocker in the background is quite old as well.  It belonged to my husband's great-grandmother, so probably dates from the mid- to late 1800's.  It was unfortunately refinished by another relative.  Do you recognize the style? Do you have an idea of the value of it?

Thank you for your assistance!

Answer
the rocker in front was made around 1910-1920 towards the end of the banderob era.  we do not find this form before 1900.  both rockers are considered to be colonial revival in style.

the rocker in the background was not hurt by the restoration, nor was the one in the foreground.

the back one is late 1800s, 1890-1910, probably manufactured in the michigan or wisconsin area as well.

excellent condition and it is wonderful you have some family history to pass along.

these would bring about 200-250 each in a shop.  in unrestored condition they would be 50 each.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein