Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What IS this owl??

Question
Pottery Owl
Pottery Owl  

Pottery owl bottom
Pottery owl bottom  
I bought this owl at an estate sale.  It is very pretty and well made.  Just looking at it, I would think it is a newer item, probably mass produced.  It's very pretty, and the finish is very nice.  But, the bottom of the piece confuses me.  It would lead me to believe it is handmade.  What on earth is this?  Any idea how old it would be?  I can't imagine it's super old.  What style is it?  Any idea what the mark means, or who made this?  Does it have any value?  As I said, I bought is an estate sale.  The sale was full of upper end antiques.  How this got there, I don't know.  No one seemed too interested in it, so I bought it.  I have no idea if you can help me or not, but I have no idea who to ask.  Any information you can share would be appreciated.

Answer
Jess,

By the looks of it, I would say you purchased a new pottery piece done in the last few years by a very creative artisan, and not a mass-produced piece.  I would estimate the value to be about $25 based on its' decorative appeal.

Hope that helps.

Dennis

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Dennis Wolbach