Collectibles-General (Antiques)/standard sewing machine

I have a standard sewing machine what's the foot pedal it has a big box that covers up the top of the sewing unit I also have all the button pins and the box they go in I was wondering what the value of it is. It has the words standard built right into the cast iron bottom base. Would you know around what year this was made? It's in good condition. I'm more so concerned about what its worth! If there is a way I can send you pictures of the items, I would be more than gladly to do it.

Hello Bill,
Although I have answered many sewing machine queries in the past, I am not an expert on the full-sized household models.
However, if you page back into my file, you will find many links to these full-sized sewing machines that may be of interest to you.

Here are just two of the links:

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Irene Schwall

I have been a collector of antique sewing tools and thimbles for over 30 years. I am also a dealer in this field and sell on eBay under the name -- serengeti2. I am NOT, and I repeat NOT an expert on antique or vintage domestic household sewing machines used for everyday home sewing. I can offer help when it comes to Toy or miniature collectible sewing machines ONLY.

See information provided above.

Thimble Collectors International
SCTC - Southern California Thimble Club
SDTC - San Diego Thimble Club
OTS - Ohio Thimble Seekers
Priscilla Nutmeggers - CT/MA/NH
Dorset Thimble Society - UK
Rund um den Fingerhut - Germany
Cyberthimble on Yahoo

I belong to Thimble Collectors International & I chair the committee 'Publishing/Grants' and oversee the research and publication of booklets relating to sewing tools and thimbles. I have also had articles published on needlework related topics.

See information provided above.