Collectibles-General (Antiques)/White furniture company 100th aniversay chest

I have a white furniture company (mebane nc) 100th aniversay chest.  I have seen through some other discussion on allexpert some quite wide varying values for this piece.  I would love to get an accurate value for this item.  I actually have two- both stored in a smoke free home and are in excellent condition.  One does have a small "ding" on one of the drawers(1/8 inch). One is serial number 84 and the other is 252.  Are their values based on local markets? ie. would they be more valuable in their home market of NC?  I will probably sell one and wanted to get the best idea of which one to sell and which one to keep.  I will also send you some photographs via your email.  Thank you for your time and willingness to help. Benton Henry

the value of this item is not in the maker but in the form, and condition.

it is a spectacular item no matter who made it and therein lies the value.  not being able to see the back, and insides i cannot tell if it is 1960 or 1920 but in a high end resale store or antiques mall it should sell at 750-1000.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971