Collectibles-General (Antiques)/What is it?

Question
Antique Cabinet inside view
Antique Cabinet inside  
Antique Cabinet front view
Antique Cabinet front  
QUESTION: Hello Michael. I am submitting pictures of a lovely old piece that I purchased for $50 after it had been rescued from a barn in New Brunswick, Canada. I have no idea of it's age, origin's, worth or even it's use. My paltry attempt at detective work lead me to belief that it might be a jelly cupboard or a sideboard/buffet. The hardware all appears to be original. The piece itself is very solid and stable, but there are a few blemishes made but what appears to be a child's marker. My thought is to try to refinish it myself, but wanted your expert opinion before I do anything rash. I appreciate any information that you can provide. Thank you in advance.

ANSWER: This does not look like an antique, it looks like it was made in the 1960s, please send me a photo of the back of the cabinet.

Picture of back
Picture of back  
QUESTION: Here is the picture of the back as requested. Do you have any idea as to what the manufacturers original intent for use was? Thank you.

Answer
When the back is painted someone is trying to hide the fact that the piece is newer that they are telling you. I confirm that was made after 1960 and was probably made by a small furniture manufacture that make reproduction style furniture. It was not made by a quality manufacture because they used plywood on the inside of the doors .  Drawers like this are normally used for folded shirts, so this cabinet is probably just a dressing cabinet.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Michael Andrew Wilson