Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Acorn Gumball Machine

I have an Acorn Gumball Machine with a number on the back of the body, E19185. What can you tell me about this machine? The globe is broken, any recommendations on where I can find a replacement? Once repaired, what would the value of this machine be?

Thanks, for any info you can provide,

Hi Bill,

The Acorn gumball machine was manufactured by the Oak Mfg Co. which began
operations in 1947. Some form of the company is still in business.
Because so many machines have been produced over the years, the Oak Acorn
is considered an entry level collectable and has a low value. A complete
machine, in working order, would have a value of $60 to $80.
If you follow e-Bay, globes show up quite often. Also, there are ads from
dealers who have parts for sale. Look for the ads at the bottom of listings.
Good luck with your hunt.
Regards,  Gumgod  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Jack Freund

I have 35 years experience in the coin op field, specializing in old gumball and peanut machines. Also trade stimulators, especially turn of the century cigar store machines, both cast iron and wooden machines.

I have owned over 3000 coin operated machines. Much knowledge comes from experience as there is not a lot of documented information on many coin operated machines. Experience is the teacher.

Coin Operated Collector's Association

I host a column in the C.O.C.A. Times, (the magazine for members of the Coin Operated Collector's Association). The column is titled "Tales Of The Hunt" and features stories and comments about member's great (and sometimes not so great) finds.

I have been a dealer at the Chicagoland Slot Machine and Coin Op show since it started. Look for me in Booth F-09. Stop by with your questions or photos. I'll try to help you or buy your machine if you prefer.