Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Anthes-baetz furnityre company

Hi there, i have here at home a set of furniture from the baetz co. It was given to me by my grandparents 30 years ago and i think its from the forty's. unfortunetly the dinning room table color has been changed but none the less refurbished but is another color. The other two pieces are with the original color. My question is, do you know of aanyone who would be intersted in yhis type of furniture, and how much value have i lost. Im still using them but im trying to sell them but not at a regular antique store who will not appreciate it's true value. Sorry for my english.

Hello Jean
Your English is fine.
Unfortunately this furniture (most of it), is quite common but thats not to say not well made. It is very well made actually.
But can I get a picture of this set?
As you are thinking, changing the finish and color of the table makes it less desirable but thats not to say its ruined.
But I need a picture.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Eileen Cronk

I can answer most questions about the repairing and refinishing of all your old furniture items (the things we call antiques). I can also give you advice on what wood items to choose and what wood items to avoid at auctions, flea markets etc. I DO NOT give appraisals on antiques as this is not my field of expertise.

I have been repairing, refinishing and of course buying old furniture for the past 30 years. On any given weekend I can be found at auction sales or flea markets searching out a good buy. I have taken several courses in this area over the years, but I find "Hands On" learning to be the best teacher. I can help you avoid the pitfalls and problems of this wonderful rewarding craft.