Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Dining table with pull/slide out leaves

QUESTION: We have a 4 spiral legged dining table that measures 36"x39"x29" with leaves tucked in and 60" wide with leaves extended. We would like to know, if possible, when and where it was built and wood type. Also, we would welcome any realistic dollar value. We have more images if you need to see them (Only allowed 2 uploads).
Thanks for your time.

ANSWER: was there something else you wanted to know.

this is an oak draw leaf table made in belgium or the uk around 1930.  the panels are thin and veneered, the frame is thicker and not veneered (probably).

some call these pub tables but that is a misnomer.

market value in a shop 350.

QUESTION: I think we were a little confused about the term veneered. It would seem that back when the table was built veneered would be more like a thinner "slab" of wood as opposed to nowadays which, in our minds, would be a thin sheet of fake wood grain glued onto particle board. Correct?
Thanks for your time again.

veneer is a thin layer of wood over a substrate of wood with another layer under that.  in other words,  three layers with the thick one in the center of a three ply; the two outer layers being of equal thinness.

veneer is not thought of as a slab if a slab is to be defined as a thick item.   your central inserts will be about 3/8 inch think or 1/4 or 5/16 inches thick.  the top layer is oak whick will be less that 1/16 inch thick, then the center layer about 1/4 inch thick and the bottom layer the same as the top layer.

fake wood grain is printed grain.  it will be printed on plastic, or paper, then glued to a substrate of one of many materials.  a common kitchen counter top is a laminate of a plastic material over particle board.  modern furniture is a wood veneer over particleboard on some.  on other it is a picture of wood gran on plastic or a wood material.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971