Collectibles-General (Antiques)/End table

end table
end table  
I have no information about this end table, my Dad bought at an estate sale over 15 years ago ., the one distinctive feature is the legs have a metal lion claw. Any information at all that you could tell me would help alot.Thank you.

that would be an eagle claw.

this end table or lamp table was made around 1900.

the bottom shelf would be attached with screws from underneath the shelf screwed into the legs.  the legs would usually be attached into a slot on the underside of the top.

i dont know specifically what you would like to know but with a closer, clearer picture i could determine the wood.

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein

In regards to American antique, vintage and collectible furniture I can help with wood identification, styles, age, periods, historical coatings, materials, techniques, repair, restoration, refinishing, and value. I do not study mid century and later furniture nor do I deal in lamps, and other smalls. You may ask for values and I will give you current market values, I will not give you 'feel good' values. Understand that there are many factors that contribute to market value. If you want a feel good, unrealistic number, please call a local inexperienced appraiser. It is my desire to help you and in doing so I increase my knowledge as well. For that I thank you.

I have been in the antiques furniture and restoration business and in the sales of antique furniture for 40+ years and have continued my education in the trade attending workshops and seminars by various organizations, institutions, and private collectors.

Professional Refinishers Groop, Int., AIC, Antiques Dealers Association

BA Florida State University BA University of West Florida 1971