Collectibles-General (Antiques)/fairbanks morse and co platform scale

Hi I have a fairbanks morse & co portable platform scale
Code 1124
Serial # G185129
It's brown in color in very good shape.
I have the 100&200lb weights..missing the 500lb.

I'm pretty sure it's cast iron/steel wheels..can u confirm?

With the research I've done I THINK it's from the early 1900's???? Not sure?

I'm wanting to sell it, wanted to know what approx price I could sell it for?

Thank You Sooo Much for your help!!

Hi Angie,

Your Fairbanks portable platform scale with serial number G185129 was manufactured in St Johnsbury, Vermont between January 1952 and January 1953 based on serial numbers provided by Fairbanks.  It is made from steel and cast iron and its retail value might be $75-$150.

Hope this helps.

Weigh Daily!!!

Bill & Jan Berning

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Bill & Jan Berning

We can answer almost any question regarding antique scales of any type.

We are dealers in antique coin operated penny scales and parts. We collect antique scales of all types. Bill has been buying and selling scales and mail order penny scale parts since 1983. Jan started collecting small scales of all types in 1977. Our combined collection of antique scales contains over 2200 scales. We are the authors of the book Scales: A Collector's Guide and The revised & Expanded 2nd Edition of Scales: A Collector's Guide. Jan is the editor of "Equilibrium" the journal of The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors. Our website is

The International Society of Antique Scale Collectors, Coin Operated Collectors Association

Articles by or about the Bernings have appeared in issues of “Southeastern Antiquing and Collecting Magazine”, “This Old House”, "Reminisce", “Equilibrium” and “Country Living”.

Jan: BS FACS & Art University of Georgia