Collectibles-General (Antiques)/federal style sofa

Question
front
front  

detail of carving
detail of carving  
I was reading your very thoughtful response to a question regarding a similar sofa. was wondering if you could help identify this one. The carving and design looks very good. Not a dark wood though. Are you able to estimate the age of this one? Thank you in advance, sean

I also have a close up of the feet.

Answer
1920-1940.  one of the better ones in mahogany with the drape and bow carving.  the carving is done in relief, it is not applied but rather cut from a thick piece of wood.  this one is the classic style with reeded legs and front seat rail.  elegant.  

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

robert klein