Collectibles-General (Antiques)/Heywood baby carriage

Plaque on back
Plaque on back  

Side view
Side view  
Hello - I have a Heywood sleeper that my grandmother gave me.  It has a plaque that says "Heywood Sleeper Patented May 30 1893" so it was prior to the merger with Wakefield.  I cannot find any information on it at all no matter how I word my searches.  Everything I find is Heywood-Wakefield (post 1897).  Is it that the original Heywoods (without Wakefield) are that rare or I am just not looking properly.  I would love to know more about what I have.  This only allows 2 images to be uploaded but I can send more if you need them.  Thank you

Sorry for the delay in answering but I've had internet problems.
 This is a great carriage you have, one of the best condition wise I've run across.I don't have much information on the carriage, you may try and see if they may have more info. The ideal thing would be a copy of a catalog. You may also try contacting the library or historical museum in Wakefield Mass to see if they can help you.
 Good luck with your search and take care of that buggy!

Collectibles-General (Antiques)

Anderson's Restorations-Rob Anderson

We can answer questions about wicker repair and restoration, chair seating[caning-rush-splint-danish cord] , brass and copper polishing, veneering and veneer repair. WE WILL NOT GIVE APPRAISALS or answer "WHATS IT WORTH" questions. If you want a value, contact us for our current costs for this service.

Just entered our 40th year doing this work. We started in Fl and have been in NC for the last 15 years. We have a web site where we have alot of information about us and a blog at where we have many before and after photos of our work.We also are experienced in Fiat Jolly Seats and other automobile seating and work on Horse Drawn Carriage pieces.

Past president of a historical museum

Antique Shoppe Newspaper, Yadkin Valley Living Magazine, Antique Lynks Newspaper

Seminole HS in Seminole FL class of 1965 and some college before entering service. US Army

Asked to demonstrate seat weaving at the NC Musuem of History, Paleigh, for 3 days. Demonstrated at the Mountain Heritage Festival, Sparta,NC.

Restoring 35 pieces of wicker for the Governors Mansion, Raleigh,NC paid through private funding.